Friday, February 5, 2010

"New Beginnings" Grandpa Eckersley

A little different than the tradional, but personally, I love it. My sister Robyn hired me, and gave me with the inspiration on this one. In our family, daffodils are pretty meaningful. To me they represent new beginning, they are the first up in the spring. They look like suns, and represent a celestial state. They are planted by my sweet nephew's tree, and my mother did paintings for a book called "The Daffodil Principle". There are 36 daisies for 35 (and one on the way) great grandchildren of Philip Eckersley.

On the tags are written the names of the entire Allgood family.

I was lucky to get these calla lilies, arent they cool? They have white and green! Well, there are five here, represented for Philip's five children. The two iris' here represent he and his wife Beverly.



Notice the shape of the flowers.... like a ship sailing? Sailing away to new beginnings. The spring flowers represent those new beginnings, and graduation from this life, to the next.
These were really fun pieces to do, and I put a lot of heart into them.

1 comment:

  1. You did a great job for Grandpa Eckersley's funeral! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete