Monday, June 15, 2009

Bob's flowers



My awesome sister-in-law Cami allowed me to do her father's sympathy flowers. They turned out amazing! I feel it was my best work yet. I recived so many compliments, and felt that my work had truly honored Bob. It was made with love, and I think poeple could tell. These pieces are a great example of personalizing.


Bob Lovell

June 13th, 2009





Bob's greatest joy was his grandkids. On the casket piece, I hung little tags with the names of the grandchildren, also his three kids, and wife. In the two side pieces, I put floral tops on 24" glass cylinders. Inside the cylinders are swimming calla lillies with curly willow, and 11 goldfish representing the grandkids, and on the other side there are 3 goldfish representing his children. I used a lot of symbolism. For example, sunset colors, yellow, red, brown, (showing the end of this life) and sunflowers (the sun will rise for another day), and also sunflowers have a cute personality, their faces follow the sun ( follow The Son). The fish are below (family left on earth), and Bob is above ( in heaven).

This is kind of a bad picture of the piece, but in this one you can see the little white tags.





The top three are the corasages for Cindy(Bob's sweet wife) and two daughters Cami and Ang. The boutonniere on the bottom left was Bob's and the simple rose was for his son Kory.

Sorry, fuzzy picture, but this ended up being the layout. Originally, the two column pieces were supposed to be on two podiums on the side, but I came to find out they didn't have them, so we just placed them on the ground. Still ended up looking amazing.


Ok, so the top floral arrangment on the cylinder comes off for easy travel, and if you look close you can see the fish towards the bottom. Swimming in the water is white callas and "fire" or "flame" calla lillies, and curly willow.



Used in these pieces were red roses, calafornia sunflowers ( brown centers) and daisy poms called Viking ( I know, they look like mini sunflowers, the yellow ones with brown centers) and the greenery used is Myrtle.



No comments:

Post a Comment