Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Red Head

So these are pictures of a topiary I did for my sister-in-law Cami and her family when her father passed. You can't really tell the colors, because the flash took made it all bright, and the dark pictures didn't turn out. I seriously need to learn how to use my camra, or spend the money to get a nice one and then learn to use that one. But these mini carnations are a very deep dark red- one of my very favorite colors! In hindsight, I would have used a different container/ pot, but I was short on time.
What is nice about this piece is that the flowers and color I chose will dry gracefully and still look really good in a month or two, and can be used as decoration around the house! So I see this as a very valuable gift item!
Above is a close up, I jazzed it up a bit with the wire. I love doing little things like that to make it more interesting and different. If the recipient doesn't like it, it's loose enough to take off.


2 comments:

  1. Oh, is that YOU? I saw that you joined my blog a while ago, but couldn't tell from the picture who you were (the profile picture is tiny, and I have two other friends named Rachelle, and just thought it must be one of them). I am loving this flower blog - makes me want to get my hands on some living, breathing flowers and do some designing! It's been a long time, but I can almost smell the flowers when I start thinking about making a bouquet. You are talented! I love all your "jazzing up" of plain ol' designs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Andrea! It means a lot! I get that craving to play with flowers too. Your blog is awesome!

    ReplyDelete